The Three Amigos Growers is a nursery in Davie, FL which offers plants adapted to the South Florida garden conditions. Here is a list:
- Collards. These can be perennial in South Florida, I have Georgia collards growing strong for 3 years now.
- Eggplant Dancer, Ping Tung, Millionaire. Will have to check them out. Have in mind that eggplants hate the nematodes in Florida soil. Containers may be a better option.
- Kale Garlic. Not sure about this one.
- Mustard Greens, Mustard Red. Easy to grow but you have to cook them, raw, they have a bite.
- Peppers Crimson King, Mini Chocolate, Padron. Not sure about these.
- Lettuce, Salanova. Not sure about this one.
- Longevity Spinach.
- Sorrel, French. Tried to grow it but it did not do well for me. May try again.
- Tomato, Everglades, Super Sweet 100. Everglades tomato grows excellent in South Florida, it self-seeds and becomes perennial. Highly recommended. Have in mind it's a small tomato though - the size of a large blueberry.
Culinary Herb Plants
- Dill, Fennel. Not sure how well these will do in summer.
- Garlic Chives, Leeks. Excellent choice! Great for edible edging plant.
- Mint, Mojito. Not sure about this one.
- Parsley. It does not grow well during the summer heat.
- Scallions. Perennial in South Florida.
- Thyme Lemon. Vietnamese Coriander. Not sure about this one.
Medicinal Herb Plants
- Calendula. Not sure about this one.
- Chamomile. It has trouble during the summer.
- Marshmallow, Mother Wort. Not sure about this one.
- Plantain, Plantain Turkish. Tried it but did not grow well for me.
- Skullcap Barbara. Spilanthes – Lemon Drops. Not sure about this one.
- Stinging Nettle. Tried it but did not grow well for me from seed.
- Tulsi, Kapoor. Krishna. Not sure about this one.
- Valerian Root. Not sure about this one.
Fruit Trees and Plants
- Achote (Annatto). Not sure about this one.
- Guava. Excellent choice for South Florida.
- Lulo/Naranjilla. Can be very thorny, I hear.
- Mulberry, Ever-bearing. Fruit is too small on most varieties.
- Passionfruit, Sweet cup yellow. Not sure about this one.
- Passionfruit, Purple. Excellent choice.