By Larry Hall: The New Amazing Self Watering Hybrid Kiddie Pool Grow System! Simply Incredible! - YouTube http://buff.ly/1hMLpOb
See more at Lary Hall's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/144745362329424/
The system can be modified the following way:
- use plastic laundry baskets to hold the grow bags. These are available from Dollar Tree for $1. Buy the baskets that are have holes in the bottom, to ensure sub-irrigation.
- fold weedblocker fabric inside the the laundry basket, instead of grow bags
- place the laundry baskets in the kiddie pool. Masonry (concrete mixing) tub can be used instead of a kiddie pool. Masonry tubs cost $5 in Home Depot, look in the masonry/concrete section of the store. Here is an example from Lowe's: MacCourt 26-in x 20-in High Density Polyethylene Small Black All Purpose Tub at Lowes.com http://bit.ly/1h1Sxdx
What is about the best depth of water in the pool to feed the bags?
1 to 2 inches, after the bags are in the pool. Make sure to.make an overflow hole at 2 1/2 inches.
You can make your own potting mix:
- 30% peat moss or coco coir
- 30% perlite or vermiculite
- 30% compost or soil
Grow Bag Garden Systems http://bit.ly/Z5spcj